Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lake Powell

At Rainbow Bridge
We had an afternoon storm almost everyday.. pretty cool 
The three amiga's  wakeboarding
This was our night time bath ritual everynight!!

So I just got home from Lake Powell and it was sooo much fun, I have to admit I didn't really want to come home! I went with my cousin Heather's family and stayed on thier houseboat for a week and played around in the water... during the week we hiked "hole in the rock" it was an area where 27 mormon wagons and handcarts went down to get to the colorado river to ferry across it... so we hike up and it had a cool area to sign to prove you have been there... I know I went when I was a little girl but it was fun to do the hike again! We also went to Rainbow Bridge which is  like an arch but they call it a bridge because the water flows under it... The indians down there call it a rainbow because I guess you shouldn't go under it because then it will disapear (like a rainbow) well thats what they believe...ish I guess :) All it all it was a super fun trip I absolutely fell in love with Wake boarding.. I have kind of been new to it in the last little while and found it intimidating... because I would just face plant but now I love it, I learned to go in and out of the wake on this trip and now I'm all about learning to jump the wake... oh man it was so fun!!! 

2 comments:

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am so jealous to see you at Lake Powell I didn't get to go this year cause of work and I was so sad about it. But it looks like you had a blast. Hope we can keep in touch and tell your mom hi! Hope to see you soon!

Becky Green said...

Looks like you guys had way too much fun! I want to go there someday.
I'm happy for you that you're getting through school so well. I'm pretty jealous that you're able to do what you love! Yay!